Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Oscar Wish List 2015

Okay, so the Oscar nominations are tomorrow morning. Boy, did they sneak up on me. Yikes.
I would love to see Saiorse Ronan, Michael Keaton, Mark Ruffalo and Rachel McAdams get nominations for their work in Brooklyn and Spotlight, respectively, but I know that won't happen. Keaton and Ruffalo will, unfortunately, cancel each other out in the best film of the year by far. Though I know it won't happen, I wouldn't mind seeing Emory Cohen get a nomination, but he won't. All the film's praise is going to Saoirse Ronan, perhaps rightly so. Sylvester Stallone (for Creed) will get nominated and he was very good in an overrated film. Though I love Michael B. Jordan, he just wasn't good enough to earn a nomination, despite getting beaten up several times. Having seen very few films, my pick for best actor is Matt Damon in the superb The Martian. Another good film is Bridge of Spies and at least Mark Rylance will get a nomination, thank goodness, that film doesn't deserve to be overlooked. Honestly, I'd be okay with Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens getting a nomination for Best Picture, though that probably also won't happen. I really need to see more films.

No comments:

Post a Comment